Job Opening at Urban SproutsPosition: Operations Manager, Part Time - 15 to 20 hours a week Location: Hayes Valley, San Francisco, California The Organization By cultivating school gardens in San Francisco's under-served neighborhoods, Urban Sprouts partners with youth and their families to build eco-literacy, equity, wellness, and community. Our gardens help students become more engaged in school and connect with food, the environment and each other. Summary: Urban Sprouts seeks an Operations Manger to assist the Executive Director in the areas of general administration, finance, and some development support. These responsibilities will be complemented by our fiscal sponsor's accounting and administrative staff. For this reason, an advanced level of experience in bookkeeping is not necessary; a fast-learner with 3-5 years of experience in an administrative or financial role in a nonprofit organization is sought.
· Administer staff expense reimbursement in accordance with program budgets
· Maintain effective systems for documentation and filing of financial records
· Track all income and expenses in QuickBooks. Reconcile with fiscal sponsor’s books on a monthly basis
· Prepare quarterly reports for board and staff
· Complete invoicing for local and state government contracts
· Oversee budget for each program and school site
· Work with Executive Director to develop annual budget
· Manage fundraising and donations processes (processing donations, sending thank yous, pledge reminders and maintain Salesforce database)
· Assist in planning of Fundraising events and other fundraising activities as needed
· Other special projects as they arise
· Manage general public inquires to Urban Sprouts via phone and email
· At least 3-5 years experience in an administrative or financial role in a nonprofit organization
· Bachelor’s degree
· Knowledge of QuickBooks and Salesforce or similar accounting and contact management database
· Interest in issues related to youth, urban gardening, local food, social justice, urban schools, and the environment
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills, organizational and project management skills must be demonstrated
· Strong skills in interpersonal communication, collaboration, and emotional intelligence
· Ability to work independently, flexible, detail-oriented, strives for excellence, creative thinker
This position involves coordination with staff and outside parties such as funders, and requires strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and learn quickly. A successful candidate will be highly detail oriented. We are a small non-profit, so the ability to be flexible and pick up occasional tasks outside of the core job description is important.
This is a part-time position working 15-20 hours per week, $47,000-52,000 FTE, depending on experience, and includes health and vacation/sick benefits.
Please send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references, via email to Abby Jaramillo, Executive Director, at email@example.com. For more information, visit our website at www.urbansprouts.org