The successful network construction candidate may be involved in:
• Handling IOC member relations, planning & executing outreach & events
• Supporting growers in transitioning to organic farming
• Designing, writing grants applications for, and deploying a local food & nutrition education module for elementary schools across the LA basin
• Supporting growers in food safety standards compliance
• Setting up non-profit status for a farmland conservancy
• Handling OGO’s booth at two to three farmers markets each week
• Establishing/updating websites & social media
• Representing OGO/IOC at various meetings/regional forums
• Passion for the local food movement & sustainable agriculture
• Bachelors degree with some exposure to community food systems, farming, or food service
• Strong computer skills – word, excel, powerpoint, access, desktop publishing
• Excellent writer & public speaker
• Outgoing, sociable!
• Drivers license & clear driving record
• Willingness to work week-ends (having fun at farmers markets)
• Self-motivated, hard-working, reliable!
• Website design & maintenance
• Understanding of organic certification & standards
• Proficiency in Spanish
$12/hr with benefits including a free CSA membership! This is a 12-month
position with possible extension.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com