Local Food Network Construction – Paid Internship!
About the Organization:
We are building the local food network! Old Grove Orange (OGO) is a Redlands-based farm and is southern California’s premiere innovator in connecting local farms to local eaters. Besides being active in the Farmers Market movement since inception, OGO created and operates one of the state’s largest CSA’s - the Inland Orange Conservancy (IOC). OGO is now forging California’s largest Farm2School network, getting local oranges to half a million kids throughout the LA basin.
Help us construct the local food network! Lots of people are talking about it - we’re the ones getting it done! We are passionate about rebuilding the local food-shed in southern California. If you are interested in sustainable agriculture and local food, work with us & get hands-on experience and street credibility.
The successful network construction candidate may be involved in:
• Handling IOC member relations, planning & executing outreach & events
• Supporting growers in transitioning to organic farming
• Designing, writing grants applications for, and deploying a local food & nutrition education module for elementary schools across the LA basin
• Supporting growers in food safety standards compliance
• Setting up non-profit status for a farmland conservancy
• Handling OGO’s booth at two to three farmers markets each week
• Establishing/updating websites & social media
• Representing OGO/IOC at various meetings/regional forums
• Passion for the local food movement & sustainable agriculture
• Bachelors degree with some exposure to community food systems, farming, or food service
• Strong computer skills – word, excel, powerpoint, access, desktop publishing
• Excellent writer & public speaker
• Outgoing, sociable!
• Drivers license & clear driving record
• Willingness to work week-ends (having fun at farmers markets)
• Self-motivated, hard-working, reliable!
• Website design & maintenance
• Understanding of organic certification & standards
• Proficiency in Spanish
$12/hr with benefits including a free CSA membership! This is a 12-month
position with possible extension.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com