For information about Indian goat farming scroll down the page
GOAT FARMING RESOURCES
– International Kiko Goat has compiled a wide range of publications and information on breeds, management systems, health, and much more.
– The University of Maryland has a free, comprehensive 412 page publication called the National Goat Handbook which covers a wide range of topics in detail.
– The National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service (ATTRA) publishes a 20 page Illustrated Guide to Sheep and Goat Production; a 24 page guide called Goats: Sustainable Production Overview; a 32 page guide called Dairy Goats: Sustainable Production; a 24 page guide called Meat Goats: Sustainable Production; an 8 page guide called Managing Internal Parasites in Sheep and Goats ; an 8 page guide called Managing Internal Parasites in Small Ruminants: Sericea Lespedeza; an 8 page guide called Managing Internal Parasites in Small Ruminants: Copper Wire Particles; and a 24 page Small Ruminant Sustainability Checklist and Comprehensive Resource Guide listing dozens of publications and links. All of these publications are free.
– A free .pdf publication from UC Davis called Small Meat-Goat Farms in California, with general information on goat farming and the current state of the industry (as of 2006) is also available.
– The American Dairy Goat Association Website contains articles, information on conferences, organizations, management, registration, recipes, and a whole lot more.
– The American Meat Goat Association Website is loaded with information about shows, articles, conferences, health, and more.
– The Maryland Small Ruminant Page offers a newsletter, classes, dozens of links, quick reference tables, forums, factsheets, power point presentations, research articles, and other resources.
– The Goat Source is another page with loads of information about all facets of goat farming, including information for beginners.
– The Boer and Meat Goat Information Center has lots of resources on goat farming including hundreds of articles, extensive links and tools, a breeders directory, goats for sale, catalogs, lists of auctions, and more.
– SheepGoatMarketing.info is a national resource for sheep and goat marketing which provides education, news, a marketing directory, producer directory, calendars, and links.
– The American Consortium for Small Ruminant Parasite Control has research information, publications, links, and lots of other information.
– Langston University offers a Web-Based Training and Certification Program for meat goat producers.
– Eat Wild is a popular site with comprehensive information on grass-fed animals, health, pasture management, and a whole lot more.
– Texas A&M had links to information and publication about many aspects of goat farming.
– The Michigan Boer Goat Association has an excellent website featuring activities, education, youth program, marketing resources, and a producer directory.
– Everything Goat Milk explains all the benefits of goat milk, as well as how to use it to make cheese and other dairy products, as well as skin care products.
– Goat World is a comprehensive resource site with dozens of useful articles and much, much more.
– The Meat Goat Management Wheel – jointly developed through a partnership of University of Missouri Extension, the National Center for Approriate Technology, Missouri State University and Lincoln University – helps goat farmers refine their schedule to enhance goat production.
Information about Indian Goat Farming
– Self Pvt. Ltd. Has information about goat farming, history, and supplies.
– aAqua has a discussion thread about goat farming in India.
– Commercial Goat Farming: An Emerging Agri-Business Opportunity in India is an article written in 2007 by Shalander Kumar.
– The Indian Council of Agricultural Research has lots of information about commercial goat farming.
– About Goats and Boer Goats, has information about goat farming in India.
– Links to lots of goat products and individual farms in India can be found here.
– AISWARYAGRAM Agricultural Training and Research Center Promotes Goat Rearing
– Ajaputra Goat Farm situated 3 kms from Amalner town in northern part of Maharashtra in Dist. Jalgaon has a great website with information about raising goats, goat breeds, sales, and more.
– An article on Goat Farming in Bihar is available here.
– A comprehensive FAO Publication on Sheep and Goat Breeds for Each Region of India is available.
– The Indian Society for Sheep and Goat Production and Utilization Newsletter is a great resource.
– FarmNest.com is your little nest on the web for all the chirping about Indian agriculture. It often has content about goat farming and features a Goat/Sheep Farming knowledge base and resources forum.
– Our post listing Free Research Publications About Goat Farming in India is at: http://beginningfarmers.org/research-articles-on-goat-production-in-india/
|Fat, total (g)||16.42||3.02|
|Saturated fatty acids, total (g)||6.317||0.926|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids, total (g)||7.305||1.354|
|Polyunsaturated fatty acids, total (g)||0.491||0.229|
|Vitamin B-6 (mg)||0.366||0|
|Choline, total (mg)||80.4||106|
|Vitamin B-12 (mcg)||2.69||1.18|
|Vitamin E, alpha tocopherol (mg)||0.45||0.34|
|Vitamin K (mcg)||1.6||1.2|
Copyright © 2016