Kentucky Horse Farm Job: Assistant Facility Manager
Full time position available at Lexington horse farm. This is a working, mid level supervisory position that requires outside labor, a high degree of organization and attention to detail, teamwork, an ability to lead and an exceptional work ethic.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Proficient in and routinely perform building/ barn/ housing maintenance and mechanical work, including but not exclusive to: HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, paint, masonry, small appliance, minor equipment repair and troubleshooting.
- Delegate tasks to other farm maintenance employees to most effectively complete the job. Some tasks will be completed by self.
- Follow the weekly plans set forth for the farm, and adjust as needed.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and contractors, including writing specifications for and soliciting bids for services and supplies to gain the best possible pricing and solutions to farm needs.
- Be available to service maintenance emergencies on the farm on-call, for issues such as power outages, snow removal and plumbing emergencies in barns and homes, and owners needs upon their arrival.
- Answer to the Facility Manager and be able to assist them in all daily tasks.
- Work with office to provide budget information and maintenance records.
- Readily communicate with the office staff on all purchases and work order completions.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Can drive and maintain heavy machinery and farm equipment
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, in all climates/ seasons
- Handyman skills and basic carpentry skills required
- Computer skills and office organization
3-5 years experience as facility, maintenance or farm technician. Equine knowledge preferred.
Experience can be substituted for 4-year degrees in subject field.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, and 6 Paid Holidays.
If interested in the Kentucky horse farm job, please contact Erica Roberts, 859-280-3063, Erica@spycoastfarm.com for more information.