Beginning Farmer service provider webinars from the Beginning Farmer Learning Network (BFLN) start next week! Please join us next Wed May 17 at noon to hear about the new "Bridges to Opportunity" program launched by FSA.
See the full schedule of beginning farmer service provider webinars below and on the Trainers Toolbox, with links to register for each free 1-hr presentation. Note that we now have sessions scheduled for each month from May - October! Please share the full schedule widely through your networks, and join us at each session for the opportunity to ask questions and participate in the discussion!
Do you provide support to beginning farmers? This Summer webinar series is for you! This Summer, one Wednesday a month, the Cornell Small Farms Program will facilitate a lunchtime webinar featuring small farm specialists presenting on a wide range of topics, all specifically targeted to people who provide support to beginning farmers.
**All webinars are from 12-1pm**
- May 17: Overview of FSA Programs and the Bridges to Opportunity Resource Database - Lynette Wright, FSA - REGISTER HERE The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and provides programs and loans to help farmers provide food, fuel and fiber to millions of people worldwide.Recently a new program was launched nationwide called “Bridges To Opportunity” which was built to provide enhanced customer service to FSA customers, and help connect them with events, services and partner organizations beyond USDA. This presentation will briefly cover the loans and programs FSA offers, as well as detail Bridges To Opportunity and how to become a part of it! - REGISTER HERE
- June 21: What Urban Farmers Need and how All Service Providers can Support Them - Molly Riordan - REGISTER HERE
- July 19: Scaling Up: How to Determine If, When, How, and How Much? -Marilyn Anthony, Fox School of Business, Temple University- REGISTER HERE
- August 16: Organic Vegetable Cost of Production Project - Jen Miller, NOFA-VT - REGISTER HERE
- September 20: Integrating a Profitable Forest and Timber Production System into Your Farm - Jared Woodcock, SUNY Adirondack - REGISTER HERE
- October 18: Integrating Food Justice into Rural Farmer Training Programs -Elizabeth Gabriel, Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming -REGISTER HERE