Cascadian Farm is looking for an energized, creative, and passionate person to join our team as Field Supervisor in Rockport, WA.
The Field Supervisor will work closely with the Farm Manager to recruit, train, and supervise employees for all aspects of farm production as well as perform other jobs associated with field and greenhouse production and landscape maintenance. The Field Supervisor will support a positive, safe, and efficient work environment, while producing top quality fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables.
The story of Cascadian Farm begins 45 years ago on a little stretch of land next to the Skagit River in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. Cascadian Farm® is one of the country’s leading brands of organic foods and has grown far beyond our original farm. The 28 acre organic Home Farm is the heart of the Cascadian Farm brand and a physical space for our customers to learn about and interact with our brand, history, organic farming, and land stewardship.
The Home Farm is grows 11 acres of blueberries, an acre each of strawberries, raspberries, sweet corn, and squash and pumpkins. We also grow greenhouse peppers and tomatoes. We are dedicated to a safe, respectful, and fun workplace atmosphere.
Full Time/Benefits Eligible April – November, Part Time/ Not Benefits Eligible December-March. The position receives a competitive hourly wage, paid overtime, has the potential for annual bonus based on individual and farm performance, and free you-pick produce.
- Farm Supervision (15%)-Collaborate with the Farm Manager on all farm related activities
- Food Quality and Safety (10%)-Manage harvesting and sanitizing practices according to Good Agricultural Practices, ensure safe work environment for field staff, and produce excellent quality produce
- Employee Supervision (50%)-Recruit, train, and supervise field labor crew. Assist with field work as necessary
- Equipment Operation (15%)-Operate tractors and grounds maintenance equipment as appropriate for production and landscaping
- General Operations (10%)-Work individually as needed in production and landscaping tasks in the fields, greenhouse, and Roadside Stand area
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Computer literate (tracks hours, data entry, email)
- Experience in harvesting and packing top quality fresh-market produce
- Well connected with the local (Skagit County) agricultural workforce
- Supervisory experience
- WA Driver’s License
- Self-starter, works independently, takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to contribute to a team environment
- Able to recruit, train, and lead a crew effectively
- Flexible schedule
- Good problem solving skills
- Competent with greenhouse and farm operations
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Attention to detail and the aesthetics of a well done job
Visit http://careers.generalmills.com/job/7370630/field-supervisor-cascadian-home-farm-rockport-wa/ for a full job description and to apply online.
Learn more about farm jobs and internships, as well as how to post your own job, internship, or apprenticeship on beginningfarmers.org at http://www.beginningfarmers.org/internship-and-employment-opportunities/