Position Available at Groundwork Somerville & Battle Road Farms – Minute Man National Historical Park, Concord, MA
Job Type: Term position for farmer to serve as liaison between Groundwork’s youth crew and Minute Man National Historical Park. Responsibilities include project development, training, and implementation of Battle Road Farms’ (a sustainable educational farm in Minute Man National Historical Park) farm operation plan.
Duration: April 1, 2010 – December 1, 2010 with potential to extend as full time farm manager for Battle Road Farms in 2011.
• Experience managing a diversified farm.
• Experience raising livestock for food.
• Experience leading and organizing others.
• An understanding of the local environment and growing conditions.
• A commitment to sustainable agricultural practices.
• Enthusiasm for engaging others in meaningful farm work.
• Communication skills.
• A love of physical work.
Compensation: $20,000 for 8-month term appointment Housing in shared Battle Road Farms house in Concord, MA
To Apply: Send a letter explaining your qualifications and reasons for interest in the position, along with a résumé and three references to email@example.com or send a hard copy to:
Battle Road Farms
Minute Man National Historical Park
231 Liberty Street
Concord, MA 01742