- Supervise, work alongside and assist high school students with gardening and park maintenance. Tasks include but are not limited to plant and brush removal, pruning, litter removal, planting local and native species and building erosion control structures.
- In conjunction with the Recreation and Parks gardeners, provide instruction in appropriate tool use, safety and gardening techniques.
- Be responsible for crew’s safety, job performance and morale.
- Facilitate first day orientation and additional team building activities throughout the summer.
- Work cooperatively with the park’s gardeners and Enterprise program supervisor and coordinator.
- Instruct and role model to student crew members appropriate work place behavior and expectations. Enforce disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Keep records of activities to include work in progress, attendance and hours worked of crew members, and write a final evaluation of the students and the project.
- Attend all staff training and staff meetings.
- Facilitate an environmental education segment regarding natural area and native habitat restoration.
- Experience working in a leadership capacity with high school students from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work cooperatively in a group setting.
- Ability to demonstrate gardening procedures and the correct usage of tools.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Madeleine Van Engel, Summer Gardening Program Coordinator, Enterprise for High School Students, 200 Pine Street, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94104, fax to (415) 392-7611 or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Enterprise for High School Students is an equal opportunity employer.
200 Pine Street, Suite 600 San Francisco, CA 94104 (415) 392-7600 www.ehss.org