Responsibilities: Serve as a team member in managing Roots and Wisdom gardens and delivering programs to youth and volunteer participants. Specific Duties: Field and Garden Management • Under the direction of the Roots and Wisdom Grower, participate in planning and management of all Roots and Wisdom garden sites. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, site planning, soil preparation, seeding and transplanting, composting, greenhouse work, irrigation, produce marketing and distribution, and record keeping • As part of a team, lead youth participant and volunteer involvement in garden activities. • Make recommendations for strengthening and improving programs Produce Marketing • Participate in established marketing programs including farm stand, wholesale accounts, and Harvest Share • Assist in developing new marketing programs Qualifications:
- Relevant educational pursuit and work experience.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences
- Ability to participate in professional team efforts
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and visual media.
- Ability to work alone or in groups.
- Ability to assist in planning and coordinating multiple tasks and organize work crews effectively.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to fulfill program needs.
- Ability to do strenuous physical labor in all types of weather and ability to lift 50 lbs.