Plan, coordinate and manage all day-to-day agricultural operations including but not limited to planting plan, crop survey, pest and disease management, soil health, field cultivation, harvest and post-harvest handling for row crops and orchards.
– All production practices must be consistent with organic certification;
– Manage all greenhouse operations;
– Manage and lead seasonal farm team;
– Develop and implement systems for assessing productivity and viability of various crops to determine long-term feasibility for commercial production;
– Plan and liaise with Garden Production Coordinator to ensure production volumes are appropriate for needs of restaurant/retail and private use;
– Manage harvest and packing of all produce and work with Garden Production
– Coordinator to ensure harvested product reaches intended destination or is preserved in the case of excess production;
– Work closely with farm’s Personal Chef to develop diverse crop plan for private use.
– Future supervision and training of interns or apprentices possible.
– Minimum 3 years full-season agricultural experience including a minimum 1 year in a managerial role;
– Knowledge of organic farming practices and procedures as well as prohibited practices;
– Working knowledge of farm infrastructure, irrigation and farm equipment maintenance and operation and ability to operate small equipment/machinery.
– Direct management experience with seasonal farm workers;
– Strong communication and time management skills;
– Outgoing, engaging, organized, and professional with high standards;
– Disciplined work ethic and passion for ecological responsibility;
– Basic computer proficiency required (MS Word and Excel).
Salary commensurate with experience, includes benefits package. Position is located in Gazelle, California and is full time beginning as soon as possible. Interested candidates pleas send a cover letter and resume to Talia Dillman at firstname.lastname@example.org.