General responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain our equipment, maintenance agreements, and supplies inventory.
- Be the primary contact for service providers and office vendors.
- Create, organize, and maintain office hardcopy and electronic files, including corporate records such as IRS submittals and Board Minutes, and personnel files.
- Maintain the general OFRF office calendar.
- Type drafts and finished documents of a variety of material from written and verbal instructions, which may include letters, memoranda, notices, records, reports, and other material, some with technical terminology.
- Compose routine correspondence on own initiative or from brief notes or verbal instructions, referring to other sources for detailed information, such as online research.
- Coordinate, under direction of senior management, human resource information (retirement & health benefits), inform staff of options, provide orientation to new employees.
- Monitor employee timecard system, provide time and vacation reports as needed.
- Answer phones daily.
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Deputy Director, including booking travel and tracking calendars.
- Provide logistical and organizational support for our Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
- Work with bookkeeper to assist with general budget and financial operations.
- Work with all program areas to oversee, implement, and maintain OFRF’s contact lists and all program-related database input, query, reporting, and all other database output functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working in busy multi-dimensional office environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and computer skills
- Basic knowledge of office equipment and network systems.
- Dependable and responsible with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with documents and files.
- Computer literate in Excel (intermediate-advanced), Word and Outlook
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in a similar position.
- College degree
- Database management (Microsoft Access)
- Bookkeeping and skills
- An interest in organic food and farming.
Health and retirement benefits and compensation . The posted salary for this position is $34,000 to $38,000. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Santa Cruz, CA.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé, to Brenda@ofrf.org by Tuesday August 18th, 2009, 5pm PST.
This is an open position, which we hope to fill by September 8, 2009.
OFRF is committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, or national origin citizenship. OFRF encourages women and minorities to apply for employment opportunities with our organization.