Job Title: Grass-fed Cattle Manager
Location: Crestwood, Kentucky
Compensation: Benefits include housing on the farm. There is also the possibility of working towards a profit sharing agreement for this position.
General Description: Foxhollow Farm is seeking a lead cattle farmer for our Grass-fed Beef operation. Foxhollow uses organic and bio-dynamic farming methods and is dedicated to sustainable and earth friendly practices. The mission of Foxhollow
is to create a thriving bio-dynamic farm community. This position includes the management of the cow/calf operation (currently 220 total cattle) and the management of the pastures and hay production. Benefits include housing on the farm. There is also the possibility of working towards a profit sharing agreement for this position.
For more information about Foxhollow Farm please visit our website at www.foxhollow.com
1. Managing the care of the cattle (rotational grazing, winter feeding, health care, genetics)
2. Pasture and forage management (hay production, building the fertility of the soil, moving towards a less haying approach)
3. Work with Bio-dynamic coordinator to incorporate the principles and methods into all aspects of the Grass-fed Beef operation.
4. Management of extra labor staff whose purpose is to support the operation.
5. Work in cooperation with the landowners re: annual budgets, updating
business plan, and evaluation of our progress.
6. Work in cooperation with Marketing and Sales team.
1. Experience with grass-fed beef and rotational grazing methods
2. Experience with pasture management
3. Capacity to be a team player as well as the ability to manage a team of co-workers.
4. Experience or interest in working with Bio-dynamic agricultural methods