· In coordination with the Executive Director and policy committee, sets annual education and outreach goals, develops strategies, and coordinates initiatives to meet these objectives.
· Coordinates all details for the annual NOFA-NY winter conference for 1,000+ attendees. Organizes over 80 workshops covering 10 interest tracks, coordinates the trade show, manages conference program ad listings, coordinates the silent auction, creates conference ads and manages the publicity, coordinates volunteers, etc. Manages the conference budget and conference staff.
· Coordinates all details for the NOFA-NY field day series across NYS. Organizes over 25 diverse field days in all regions of NYS, and is responsible for expanding the series to be year-round. Coordinates volunteers to help staff field days and manages event publicity.
· Provides some technical assistance to farmers and gardeners through phone and email.
· Manages general organizational education outreach to public. Helps coordinate volunteers to support outreach efforts.
· Works with Assistant Director to create education and outreach materials for the speakers bureau.
· Notifies membership of educational events via the newsletter, e-news, listserves, and website.
· Occasional public speaking.
· In coordination with the Executive Director, hires and trains education and outreach staff and ensures that individual performance goals are met.
· Assists in writing grants to support education and outreach work.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience. We offer a full benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid medical insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
· Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of organic and sustainable agriculture and the educational needs of farmers and gardeners. Experience: Organic farming, event planning, and working with volunteers.
· Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory, planning, and training skills; excellent organizational skills; strong computer skills required; familiarity with database programs helpful, graphic design interest helpful, Spanish language skills helpful.
· Capabilities: High energy and enthusiasm. Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks at once, and adapt to changing situations on a daily basis.
· Conditions: Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of NOFA-NY. Some statewide travel required.
How to Apply
Position open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a short writing sample to email@example.com by November 6, 2009.
NOFA-NY is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.