MSU Student Organic Farm - Production Manager Position (pre-announcement) The Michigan State University Student Organic Farm (MSU SOF) anticipates posting a job position for the role SOF production manager some time in the next month. Below and attached is a brief unofficial position description. If you are interested in knowing more about this exciting upcoming organic farming position and to be notified of the official MSU job posting once it is available please contact email@example.com and include ?Production Manager? in the subject line.
Amazing Organic Farming Job Opportunity
The Michigan State University Student Organic Farm (SOF) is seeking a full time Production Manager for its 10 acre certified organic year-round teaching farm. The candidate must be positive, hard working, energetic and enjoy working collaboratively with students, instructors and faculty. Additionally, the candidate must have 2 or more years previous organic farm management experience and 4 or more years of organic farming experience. MSU SOF produce markets include a 48 week vegetable CSA program (60 shares), Summer CSA program (40 shares), 6 month on-campus farm stand and contracts to MSU dining halls. The main production focus is on vegetables, fruits and flowers and on year round production using passive solar greenhouses. The farm is a dynamic working and teaching farm that includes educational opportunities for MSU undergraduate students and students in our 9 month Organic Farmer Training Program as well as outreach programming to urban and rural growers. The SOF Production Manager will be responsible for the overall production of crops for all markets. Additionally, this person will work closely with the farmer training program coordinator, instructors and students to help facilitate hands-on learning through farming. November start date preferred.
Preferred candidate must:
· Have organic farming experience at both mechanized/field production scale as well as hand/garden scale and experience with appropriate tools
· Have a commitment to and enjoyment of working with students
· Work well in a collaborative and team environment
· Have a positive, enthusiastic, and supportive attitude
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have 4 or more years of organic farming experience including 2 years of farm management experience
· Have building, maintenance, and general handy-person skills
· Be self motivated and hard working
Please contact Jeremy Moghtader firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.