Growers will receive a $150 per week "nutrient budget" to cover food and necessities during their stay. Shared housing is provide.
Hemp Growers Education Program Plan Growers will participate in a weekly group dinner followed by a 1 hour class. We will provide classroom materials including a book and Chimney Rock Hemp handouts. We will cover the following topics:
- Integrated Pest management (IPM)
- Field preparation
- Harvesting, drying and processing.
- Genetic breeding.
- Hemp farming Business and financial overview
- Hemp regulatory compliance.
During their stay, growers will receive hands-on training in cultivating cannabis plants through their complete life cycle. After the one month grower program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for apprenticeships.
- Growers will live in our community Farmhouse dorm which includes a washer and dryer, bathrooms, kitchen, and WIFI. Each participant will be expected to share housekeeping duties.
- In addition to the Farmhouse, growers will be encouraged to participate in the veggie garden and orchard.
Recreation and Community Events Our farm is located on the Piedra River, right in between Durango and Pagosa Springs. There is National Forest access right across the highway and endless recreational and entertainment opportunities in the area, including:
- Pagosa Hot Springs
- Pagosa Folk N Bluegrass - June 9-11
- Durango Bluegrass Meltdown - April 21-23
- Durango & Silverton Railroad
Hemp Growers Education Program graduates will be invited to come back at the end of the season for our Alumni Harvest Party and free admission to the 2017 Chimney Rock Hemp Harvest Conference, an in-depth learning & networking event for hemp farmers and other hemp industry folks.
Qualifications We are looking for growers who are willing to work hard and learn a lot. This is physically demanding work that often takes place outside in extreme heat. Because of the close community setting, a great attitude and willingness to train within our practices are extremely important. We would prefer:
- 1-5 years of Grower, Nursery, or Farm experience
- Cannabis experience preferred but not required. No Med license required.
Hemp Growers Education Program Requirements
- 21 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- No pets
- One week trial period
- References and background check
- Fixed Orientation dates
To be considered for the Hemp Growers Education Program, please email a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.