• Greenhouse Start Up: Start seeds early season in germination room & greenhouse & tend to growing plants.
• Keep detailed records for Organic Certification. Assist with administrative duties.
• Transplant seedlings from greenhouse to garden.
• Help manage seasonal crew on three acres of cultivated grounds. Maintenance includes lawn mowing, weed wacking, pruning, weeding, and harvesting veggies & seeds.
• Report regularly to Garden Manager &/or General Manager.
• Help manage current & new landscape projects. Participate in garden planning/projects with garden manager/owner.
• Harvesting vegetables for subscription sales & maintaining harvest records throughout the season.
• Garden shutdown.
• At least two years garden/landscape experience.
• Working knowledge of organic gardening methods (fertilizing & pest control).
• Intermediate or greater plant knowledge: flowers & veggies, herbs, berry bushes, trees & shrubs.
• Know how to start & use garden equipment: rototiller, lawnmower & weed-eater.
• Good management, organizational, & communication skills necessary ~ at times will be directing 2 to 6 people on single or multiple projects.
• Ability to type and use Microsoft Excel & Word Programs.
• Have a valid driver’s license & ability to drive a stick-shift vehicle.
• Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs., move pots around, be on knees for much of a day, haul wheelbarrows full of compost and in general good physical health.
• Be self-motivated and also able to motivate crew members.
• Able to plan, prioritize, & orchestrate projects dependant on garden needs, budget, weather, etc.
• Artistic inclinations for landscape design would be an advantage.
Please take a look at our website: jewellgardens.com for more information and to fill out an online application. Feel free to email Charlotte Jewell, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-612-0115 with questions.