WHAT IS IT? Learn the roots of a successful youth development model through the lens of our farm-based employment & education program! This 3-day training institute will be a mixture of hands-on activities, teaching presentations, and group network & skill-sharing. Activities and workshops will be co-facilitated by our experienced youth and adult staff.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Our institute is designed to be useful for folks hoping to start a new program, established organizations looking to expand their youth programming, and for previous institute participants who want a deeper engagement with our youth leaders (the institute has been re-designed with this goal in mind). Committed youth leaders are also welcome. Expect good food and a warm, welcoming culture.
A FEW MORE DETAILS:
- 3 full days: Thursday, June 2 – Saturday, June 4 (snacks & lunch included)
- Based at our green-built farmhouse and 3 acre urban farm in Olympia, WA
- Receive a copy of our youth program manual which includes our proven curriculum, planning strategies, and workshops
- Join 15-17 colleagues to learn, teach, network, and share inspiration & ideas
- Cost: $350
- Registration Due: May 1
- A limited number of partial scholarships and housing available based on need and number of participants. (Scholarships are taken now- sorry)
To register or for more information:
Please contact Justin Umholtz, Managing Director, at 360-753-5522 or through our contact form.