Job Description: This unpaid internship offers flexible hours both at market, in the classroom and in the office. For college students, incorporating credit requirements into the project is a welcome possibility. Responsibilities may include:Greenmarket School Tours introduce the concepts of seasonality, local food, and sustainable agriculture to over 3500 schoolchildren each year. We have an Education Station tent at our Union Square Greenmarket and are seeking interns to assist with on-site programming, materials and school tours. Additionally we are seeking assistance with our middle school curriculum pilot that incorporates seasonal cooking classes, farm visits, and in-class visits with farmers.
- Staffing the Union Square Education Station
- Help to coordinate pilot project for ages 10-14 exploring local food and sustainable farming, the links between diet and health and basic nutrition, and food-related careers.
- Develop child-friendly nutritionally balanced recipes and educational hand-outs
- Coordinate school tour schedule and prepare take-home materials.
- Assist with writing and production of the Youth Quarterly Newsletter.