Title: Farm Manager
Location: Long Grove, Illinois
Compensation: Salary in $30,000 range, depending on experience
Growing farming business seeks FT person to oversee farm operations. This person will be responsible for management, planning and supervision from land preparation through harvest.
The ideal candidate should have / be:
- BS in Agronomy, Plant Science or Horticulture and/or have 5 years vegetable farm management experience.
- Mechanical knowledge and agricultural tools experience
- Ability to prepare written reports
- Ability to manage equipment and labor
- Ability to budget, manage and schedule
- Results oriented manager
- Ability to plan ahead and see the big picture
- Computer literate
- Bilingual English / Spanish is highly preferred
- Assist in planning and budgeting
- Manage labor and equipment
- Generate ideas and solutions for farming issues
- Create, document and implement planting plan, crop plan and forecasts
- Train and supervise assistant growers in day-to-day operations through harvest
- Devise, implement, and monitor quality control program
- Maintain farm data for analysis
Long Grove, IL location. Salary in $30,000 range, depending on experience. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to 847-290-9601.