Reporting directly to the Greenmarket Director (GD), the Office Manager is the hub of communication, coordination and organizational knowledge for a busy office of onsite staff and as many as 30 field staff during the busy season. Organizational knowledge includes developing familiarity with nearly 250 farmers, varied staff responsibilities, and keeping abreast of over 50 market locations throughout New York City.
The responsibilities of the job include (but are not limited to):
* Reception & answering phones; this includes representing Greenmarket by answering organizational questions, and fielding inquiries from potential new vendors.
* Payroll & Human Resources duties
* Schedule seasonal staff in coordination with Regional Coordinators
* General office support: filing, coordinating mailings, data entry; ordering supplies/services
* Communications coordination: promote proper communication within organization
* Assist the Director in fielding phone calls & inquiries, correspondence, attending meetings, special projects
* Assist Farmer Community Advisory Committee: scheduling meetings, keeping minutes, and facilitating communication;
* Administer grants: track budgets, submit reimbursements, coordinate with programmatic staff.
* Financial administration: track incoming and outgoing checks; work with bookkeeper to ensure accurate allocation of expenses, particularly regarding grants.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without missing deadlines
* Motivated self-starter who can identify problems and create systems to solve them.
* Resourceful, creative, energetic, and flexible to respond to diverse, strong personalities and daily questions that accompany operating open-air events in New York City.
* Ability to prioritize duties and multi-task to effectively support staff and maintain professional relationships with community leaders, farmers, and the public.
* Able to provide accurate details about daily operations as well as big-picture explanations of program mission. A calm demeanor, patience, and sense of humor is essential for success in the position.
* Superior customer service skills including ability to articulate mission to diverse customer base and resolve complaints and
* Excellent, precise written communication skills are essential to the position.
* MS Office, extensive experience with Excel, and mail merge in Word; Adobe.
Preference will be given to a candidate who demonstrates an interest in or willingness to learn about local food systems and sustainable agriculture. Opportunities to grow into special projects exist for candidates with special interests or expertise.
Salary Range: $37,500- $41,500 plus benefits
CENYC/Greenmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer and hires without regard to race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical disability. Interviews will be taking place throughout November and early December, and the position will begin training early January.
Please email resume and cover letter to Nicole Born-Crow at email@example.com . No phone calls please.