In an area that is just awakening to the local food movement, The Roots CSA is Kootenai County’s first and only Charitable CSA program. By design the program recruits a small yet diverse network of low-income shareholders and full-priced shareholders who contribute not only funding but also volunteer labor to receive fresh local produce throughout the season. Beyond growing food, the CSA garden is also an educational resource to the community integrating hands on learning opportunities for both children and adults.
Responsibilities: Organic soil preparation, field and farm planning, appropriate crop selection, utilizing moveable chicken yard, succession planting, cultivating, weeding, managing irrigation systems, weekly harvest/ preparation of shareholder boxes, and managing on-farm volunteer labor.
We are looking for a handyman/woman with:
– Experience in succession planting and vegetable production
– A good attitude about hard work
– Excellent leadership and communication skills
– A desire to work with all kinds of people
– An aptitude for good judgment and spur-of-the-moment decision making
– Resourceful skills in repurposing donated materials
– Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision
Compensation: Dependent on prior experience.
To Apply: Send a Letter of Interest and Resume to Korrine at: email@example.com or call 208-659-0287. Deadline February 1st, 2011.