Practical Farmers of Iowa - Farminar Tonight is Seed Starting 101: Two Examples presented by Susan Jutz, Glen Elsbernd
Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7 p.m. CST
- Susan Jutz owns and operates ZJ Farms near Solon, Iowa, raising vegetables for Local Harvest CSA, the 200-member Community Supported Agriculture business she helps to supply. Susan has participated in numerous on-farm research projects with Practical Farmers, and was the 2014 recipient of PFI's Sustainable Agriculture Achievement Award.
- Glen Elsbernd and his wife Beth have been farming near Ridgeway, Iowa, since 2008. They now own and operate G It's Fresh, a certified organic farm that primarily grows wholesale and custom plant starts in their two heated greenhouses.
How to Participate
- Visit practicalfarmers.org/farminars
- Click the "Join in" button
- Select "Enter as a Guest" and type your name in the blank, then click "Enter Room"
Winter Farminar Schedule
Jan. 12 - "Nuts and Bolts of Small Grains Production" Presented by Klaas Martens. Now Archived!
Jan. 19 - "What a Small Grain Crop Can Afford You: Diverse Covers for Grazing" Presented by Mark Peterson and Colten Catterton. Now Archived!
Jan. 26 -
"Benefits of a Small Grain in Organic Rotations"Presented byGeorge Schaefer and Erin Silva. Now Archived!
Feb. 2 -
"Moveable High Tunnels: Pros and Cons"Presented by Mike Bollinger. Now Archived!
Feb. 9 -
"Herbicide Restriction Considerations for Using Cover Crops as Forage"Presented by Joe Sellers and Tim Palmer. Now Archived!
Feb. 16 -
"Seed Starting 101: Two Examples"Presented by Susan Jutz and Glen Elsbernd
Feb. 23 -
"Walk-in Cooler Considerations and Construction"Presented by Tim Landgraf and Tony Thompson
March 1 -
"Important Farm Financials"Presented by Paul Quam
March 8 -
"Neonicotinoid Seed Treatments: Are They Necessary?"Presented by Dick Sloan and Matt O'Neal