2012 Farm Bill reauthorization process. You’ll learn what’s at stake for USDA programs that protect farmland, address environmental challenges, improve food access, and revitalize local and regional food systems in the Northeast. Save the dates and register for these two farm bill webinars:Understanding the farm bill reauthorization process is never easy, but this time around it will be more challenging than ever. American Farmland Trust, Wholesome Wave, Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group and New England Farmers Union are hosting two free webinars to help farm, food and conservation advocates better understand the
- Conservation : Friday, December 16, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Local and Regional Food Systems: Monday, December 19, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- What is the likely timetable for farm bill consideration?
- What are the issues driving this farm bill, and what directional changes in programs and funding in these issue areas might result?
- What are some of the farm bill priorities that have been identified by members of Congress from the Northeast and state agencies and organizations in the region?