- Gathering information on organizations involved in sustainable food movement in California, including which organizations are working together and what opportunities they offer for individuals to engage.
- Identifying and creating a list of people who are writing about sustainable food issues, commenting online, and contacting them with information about our current campaign and overall activities.
- Revise and update new/old content for website.
- General office support and other duties that may arise.
- Comfortable working with people with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience with website content management or blog content management.
- Interest in the sustainable/good food movement.
- Previous volunteer experience, preferably related to non-profit outreach or political campaigns.
- Understanding of social networks such as Facebook, or Twitter.
- College undergrad or graduate.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Daniela@rootsofchange.org. Please use “Website Intern” as the subject line. Resumes will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis with the first priority given to those received by July 23th, 2010. Roots of Change is a project of The Trust for Conservation Innovation (TCI). People of color, differently abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.