Farm Equipment Operator Job in Massachusetts – 2017
Founded in 1990, Meadowbrook Farm is a wholesale and retail farm operation located in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts. East Longmeadow, Massachusetts is centrally located between Boston and New York City. Meadowbrook Farm raises 300 acres of vegetables and fruit including sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers, pumpkins, strawberries and more. Meadowbrook Farm’s retail location allows local customers to buy directly from the farm. Major items are greenhouse crops (beautiful hanging baskets, bedding plants, perennials, etc.), fresh fruits and vegetables and Christmas trees. Meadowbrook Farm’s wholesale operation supplies one of the largest grocery chains in New England.
You can learn even more about our farm by visiting our website at www.meadowbrookfarmma.com.
Meadowbrook Farm is currently seeking a full-time Farm Equipment Operator. The primary job responsibilities include operating, maintaining and repairing farm equipment, setting up irrigation, delivering produce and other general farm duties. Applicants should enjoy working outdoors. Applicants should also have the flexibility to work in a variety of roles dependent on the season and needs of the farm. Prior farm experience and an interest in agriculture is highly desired. There is an opportunity for a farm management position at Meadowbrook Farm for a qualified candidate.
This is an hourly position and compensation is dependent on prior experience. You can apply in person for the farm equipment operator job at 185 Meadowbrook Road, East Longmeadow, Massachusetts, or via email at email@example.com or call 413-525-9080.
Farm Equipment Operator Job Responsibilities include:
– Operating farm equipment to plant and harvest
– Perform maintenance and repairs on farm equipment as needed
– Delivery of produce to local customers
– Irrigation set-up
– Variety of other farming tasks dependent on season
– Prior experience as an equipment operator (farm, construction, landscaping, etc.)
– Prefer a candidate with previous farming, construction or agricultural experience
– A valid driver’s license. CDL a plus.
– Ability to work extended hours during peak season (May-September)