Excellent opportunity for those who desire to work outside, work with their hands and learn how to grow healthy, organic vegetables! Wild Goose Farm is a small organic farm located within the Prairie Crossing Farm in Grayslake, IL. We grow a wide variety of vegetables for a farmers’ market in the northern Chicago suburbs and our CSA program. We are looking for an employee to join in the satisfying work of raising healthy and beautiful vegetables.
- Greenhouse Seeding and Watering
- Washing & Packing
- CSA Packing
- Farmers’ Market
- Team Player
- Hardworking, willing to work in all types of weather
- Able to work alone or in groups
- Good physical condition (able to lift up to 50 lb, able to kneel or stand for periods of time)
- Able to communicate clearly and follow directions
- Detail oriented
- Reliable transportation
There is one position available. It is 36 hours/week; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00 am-4:00pm and Thursday 8:00 am-12:00 pm.
Hourly pay for the position is at $8.50/hr. Additional benefits includes fresh organic vegetables for personal consumption and learning how to grow your own food.
Please send a letter of intent indicating which position you are interested in, resume and three references to Meg Runyan at email@example.com
. Email any questions as well.