Produce & Aggregation Manager Job in New York State Corbin Hill Food Project’s (CHFP) mission is to supply fresh fruit and vegetables to where they are needed most. Launched in 2010, CHFP is a food hub linking more than 30 NY state farmers with NYC consumers and businesses through its Farm Share, Wholesale and Community Health programs. Position Overview: Reporting to the General Manager, the Produce & Aggregation Manager is responsible for purchasing high quality fruits, vegetables and other select items from existing relationships with CHFP farmers and producers as well as sourcing new products at an optimal price to achieve CHFP’s sales and financial goals and enable the Company to achieve profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a full and diverse line of fruits and vegetables all four seasons
• Continually identify and determine optimum sources of supply
• Be responsible for procuring designated quality and quantity
• Ensure outstanding produce through rigorous quality control of incoming orders
• Make purchase decisions and manage process for order fulfillment
• Support established logistical procedures to facilitate product arrival
• Minimize cost of goods
• Minimize shrinkage/spoilage of fresh fruits and vegetables
• Communicate favorable purchasing opportunities to management
• Ensure that product recalls and traceability standards are met
• Work 3 x week with the Aggregation Facility Team to receive and pack orders
• Troubleshoot produce shorts with the Aggregation Facility, Farm Share and Wholesale teams, coordinating swaps and helping to answer customer produce questions
• Communicate with the Farm Share team to help feature and promote seasonal produce Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• Desire and commitment to make this innovative social enterprise successful
• Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Internet, etc.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Detail oriented
• Candidate should possess Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3 to 5+ years produce buying experience
• Strong negotiating skills
• Be able to set priorities, meet deadlines, and able to accomplish team objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and cover letter (in Word) outlining your skills and experience that meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a qualified candidate is identified and confirmed. For more information about the Corbin Hill Food Project visit our website at http://www.corbinhillfarm.com. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Compensation includes a competitive salary and benefits; housing may be an option. You may also wish to go to the following: