* Primary Responsibility: Program Management
o Directing programs – developing overall workplans goals and objectives, developing and managing program budgets, and ensuring projects are meeting deliverables and are in line with funder expectations
o Connecting projects to overall strategic goals
o Working with E.D. to develop new programs bearing in mind organizational capacity, opportunities, and challenges
o Integrate 4-7 projects into a comprehensive program, including high-level strategy and involvement in the national food justice movement.
o Manage and Supervise 5-8 program staff
o Evaluate programs and provide analysis and feedback regularly
o Attend necessary workshops, conferences, events and training seminars
o Developing staff program leadership, keeping the pulse of staff, and building a culture of program mission-success
* Additional Responsibilities (when appropriate):
+ Serve as a spokesperson with external audiences for all program areas and develop staff/residents to be spokespeople around the program areas.
+ Work with the Development Director to properly position programs with members and supporters
+ Contribute to the production of newsletter articles and other promotional materials
+ When appropriate, steward relationships with funders and partners
+ Work with the Director of Development to assist with fundraising
* Minimum education requirement: bachelor’s degree
* Experience managing complex programs, new and established.
* Strategic planning experience, proven ability to create and implement new strategies, identify opportunities, and find solutions independently in an environment without extensive systems
* Prior experience in a management role including direct supervision of multiple levels of staff and employees
* Experience managing multiple program areas
* Exceptional organizational and managerial skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
* The ability to effectively manage complex organizational change
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to master complex issues and convey information clearly
* Strong interpersonal communication and relationship skills
o Experience in either the health care field or for-profit business field
o Experience working in the food movement
o Education- and/or advocacy-based program experience
Title: Program Director, People’s Grocery
Classification: Full-Time Exempt Employee
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, benefits included
Location: Oakland, CA
Start Date: July 1st, 2010
Reports to: Executive Director of People’s Grocery
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.